Saturday

Saturday, August 14, 2010

We did it.  We did it. We did it, Hurray!

We did the 5k.  I'm not even sure what it was for.  I think it was for cancer or some other worthy cause.  Our route was along the rail trail.  I didn't run much of it because my feet were tired.  I'm used to running first thing in the morning and this race began at 9:00 pm.  It was quite interesting to see bats dive bombing  us every 10 seconds or so.  I brought up the rear,  and I was 10 second behind my Highland Festival time.  Melisa, of course, was the winner of the 3 of us.  Anna moves at a pretty good pace for someone who doesn't train much.  She was about 1/4 mile ahead of me the whole way.  I was the last 5k person in, but I don't care.  When you know you're last, you can relax and enjoy the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment