Sunday

One day at a time

I'm at day three back on Atkins - not induction - just Atkins. I'm staying at around 60 carbs or less. The cravings are gone again. I never had cravings go away on Atkins, but the Metformin seems to take care of that. However, if I don't stick to lowcarb, there isn't enough Metformin on the planet to off the cravings. I am allowing myself one off plan meal a week if I should need it. The key is "if I should need it." Sometimes there are just no options. But without a game plan, an off plan meal becomes a cheat and we all know that once we cheat, we just keep on cheating. (This was formerly called a "rest stop.") Just gotta have that safety net to protect me from that "all or nothing" mentality. Today I have a wedding shower. I have no idea what will be served. I may have to use my "one off-plan meal" today, but the goal is not to. I have a protein bar and a package of almonds in my purse so I should be good to go.

The workouts have gone by the wayside. I just can't seem to get out of bed early enough to get them in and if they don't happen first thing in the morning, they don't happen. I think once I get some kind of morning routine going, it will get better. In a couple of weeks I will be watching little Maddie on Mondays and Tuesdays. Those are going to have to be "later in the day" workouts or "get my butt out of bed early" workouts.

My motivation has slipped in the last couple of weeks and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I am realizing that I am now very close to being a senior citizen. It's funny how age creeps up on you. Mentally I still feel like I'm in my 40s, but there are days that I get bodily reminders that I am closer to 60 than I ever thought I would be. I'm fairly contented with my life now so the days just seem to slide by before I realize it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that "the rules" of weight loss do not apply universally for every body type, so it is a quest to find the mix that woks for our individual needs. For different reasons,it seems that as we age, and in particularly if we are women, a higher protein lower carb approach is best. I am trying a similar approach myself, but doing serving exchanges as opposed to counting carbs, and allowing dairy and a few fruits. I did Atkins in the past, lost weight but also developed a serious constipation problem that was remedied by eating fruits and some dairy . Never be afraid to tweak a plan and design your own approach to find what works best for you ! As to exercise...I am doing good most days lately to get in a shower, let alone anything more complex !

    ReplyDelete