Friday

Friday, June 11, 2010

I got out on the road at about 9:15 this morning.
Route: Deadend/Browns Driveway/Rockpile
Distance: 1.7 miles
Total time: 32:35
In zone: 22 minutes
Ave. Hr.: 122
Max. Hr: 134
Cals burned: 498
Temp: 66

I forgot to mention in my last running post that I saw 3 white-tailed deer up on the deadend. I saw their tracks this morning, but no sign of the deer. I did see a bunch of monkeys on the corner. Clayton and Claire were playing on the porch with their cousins Bryan and Sarah. The great thing about grandkids is that they are always excited to see you. Clay and Claire love to come over here. It's so much fun having them around. It's like I get to relive some of the best years of my life.

Back to this morning's route. When I got to the deadend I was greeted by the sight of rolled up hay bales. They smelled wonderful. It's mornings like these when I can pinpoint why I love living in the country.

I am happy to say that I am on day three food of keeping food in its place, one day at a time. Sometimes it's a struggle, but I when I am having a bad moment, I think of the people who have diseases over which they have no control and then I remember to be grateful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment