Saturday

Day 56: 100 days challenge - Head Hunger

Today was an unscheduled Madison day. I didn't work out. I could have. I was up early enough, but I have discovered that I have sinus problems. I thought it was a cold, but it's not. I felt like crud. Of course, once Madison got here, I felt better. She's a great distraction from stuffy sinuses. Not sure what tomorrow's weigh-in will bring. I am dreading the 5k I signed up for. I guess I'll be walking it. It's only 2 weeks away. I feel like I have not done real well on this 100 day challenge. Some of it is the internet connection problems we've been having, but mostly I have not been as focused as I should be. I have a hard time not having a fixed schedule. I need to learn to be more flexible and that's something I'm not comfortable with. Changes in plans and routines cause me to lose focus - and I also use it as an excuse to slack off.

************************
Head hunger, according to today's reading, is associated with the emotions of anger, frustration, or resentment. With head hunger we tend to choose "crunchy" foods. The theory is that we smash food in our mouth as a substitute to smash whoever or whatever is the source of our emotion. We are instructed to ask ourselves if eating will change the situation. Of course we know that it won't. What it does is put the bad feelings on hold for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment