Friday

Hope Floats

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I am part of a challenge run by Jinx(Deb) at "Finding the Runner in Me." We have all been assigned froggies. The name of the challenge is "Hope Floats." As we take off the pounds, our little froggies float a little higher. My poor little froggie lost ground this week. But that's okay. It wasn't much and the general trend is downward. I set a weight loss schedule for myself based on a slow and steady loss of .2 pounds per day. That would put me at goal on Sept 11, 2010. It would be nice to be able to mark that date with something positive rather than what we all remember on that date. I set up a spread sheet to project my progress and so far I am ahead of schedule. I have set a very slow loss because at my age skin doesn't shrink as well (if at all). I don't want to lose weight only too look like a shriveled up prune. LOL!

I'm headed out for a run this morning. I am going to attempt to jog the whole way, but we will see what happens.
*********************************************
Daily stats:
Workout type: walk/jog
Route: Deadend/back
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 32 minutes
Average HR: 123
Maximum HR: 137
Calories burned:230
Temperature: 68 degrees
Challenge for the day: Remembering the promise
Thoughts:
I don't know why it's so hard to make myself get out in the mornings. I feel so great when it's done. You would think that would be motivation enough. Oh, well, I got out there this morning. I didn't jog the whole way, though. Soon enough. Soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. I know what you mean about the skin not shrinking as quickly. As soon as I hit my goal, I am going to seriously work on the arms and that 'old lady flab'.

    ReplyDelete