Saturday

Tuning out the Nattering Naybobs of Negativity

I wrote on my other blog about self-doubt, fear, and other obstacles that get in our way. I was listening to a program about this. One of the analogies was that of a golfer and focusing on the dimples in the ball to tune out the "noise." That's kind of where I have evolved with this whole weight loss thing. I have had discouraging comments made to me. To be fair, I have vowed over and over to get rid of this weight - that is true. But telling someone "you haven't done it yet, what makes you think you're going to do it now," isn't really helpful in any way. Someone actually said that to me. And it hurt. But worse, I have said it to myself. What I do now is just quash thoughts and comments by focusing on my little runner girl. I don't even look at the poundage lost except in terms of being able to move her farther down the road. And what is interesting is that while I have been focusing on the "dimples in the ball" my goal has moved ever closer.

Sometimes I love the feeling that I have a secret. My weight loss thus far is not showing. When we are losing weight there seems to be a point where suddenly everyone notices. In a way, I am dreading that because sometimes that can have a negative effect. I can think I have arrived, when I am still really on the journey. But that is when I will shift my gaze to the little running girl. I am enjoying the journey so there really is no reason to rush it.

I did a 10 minute stint from one of my workout videos. They are short little workouts that you can do when you don't have the time or the inclination to do a full workout. My intent this week is to do at least "something" every day, whether it be a stint or a run.

Wishing you all well in your journey.

***************************************************

3 comments:

  1. Nay sayers are always "special" roadside markers on the journey. Don't let them et you down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary you do what works for you . I think you are making GREAT progress. One step at a time at your own pace. Just keep moving, make more good food choices than bad ones and you can't help but keep that little runner girl moving! Oh and your frog floating. Which reminds me i need to go take that picure and post it. Bye! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love rude people, don't you? GOd has a special place for them, I'm sure. Mostly, they are tearing you down to build themselves up. Maybe that person has failed at something so many times, they just can't stand the thought of you not failing. It's best to pray for them, nothing else you can do really.

    ReplyDelete