Sunday

Sunday weigh-in - June 7, 2009

230.8
Ugh, I'm up 2.6 this week. We had a wedding yesterday - lots of Oriental food and a table full of my nemesis - Chocolate. Add to that the fact that I messed up on my meds this week and also ran out of lancets and test strips. (Not excusing myself here, because I should have sucked it up and toughed it out.) Anyway, back on track today. I will not eat ice cream and cake at Kelli and Sam's today. Not even the no sugar added kind. I need to remember that this isn't about vanity any more.

Yesterday morning, I headed up to Island Park in Mt. Pleasant. Melisa has been coaching a group of girls from Shepherd in the "Girls on the Run" program. I have been watching Clay and Claire 2 times a week since the program started. It was a totally cool event. Hundreds of little girls with hair spray painted all kinds of colors participated. I couldn't find Melisa until the race started and the groups were called. But then I wasn't looking for a blue-haired Melisa. I even missed seeing my little buddy Alli Peak because I didn't recognize her with her rainbow colored hair. It was great to see Melisa running with her group of girls. A year ago she couldn't have done it because of her health. I think I would like to run with the girls next year. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there- next week will be better !And HOORAY for Melissa ! It is always an exciting thing to evidence of the improvement of health, and especially of a child .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens. You will learn to not eat, or eat in great moderation things like chocolate, I'm sure. I bet it would be fun to run with the girls. I can just see you with blue hair! LOL

    ReplyDelete