Thursday

I love Thursdays

Morning update:
I don't know why I love Thursdays, I just do. Probably because I very rarely have to go anywhere on Thursday nights. I love Mondays for the same reason. Weird, I know. I am getting ready to head out on a beautiful sunny day. I have increased my mileage to 3 miles. When my time improves, I will increase it again. I used to go down to the next mile. I want to get there again. I just love our road on which to run. I am headed there now.

Daily stats:
Weight:
232.8
Workout type: Walk/jog
Route:
Deadend/Leaton/Back
Distance: 3 miles
Time:
48
Average HR:
124
Maximum HR:
142
Calories burned: 371
Temperature: 43
Challenge for the day: Remembering the promise
Goal for May 1: 224

Thoughts:

It was a great workout. My right hip is aching a little - I may need to stretch more at night. My doggie buddies were a no-show this morning. That's always a good thing. I really don't like to turn my back on a barking dog. My time was a little better this morning. My immediate goal is 4 miles per hour. Even in younger days at a lower weight, I couldn't seem to do any better than 11 minutes per mile - around 5 1/2 miles an hour. That is my long-term goal.

3 comments:

  1. We slow runners should band together. *laughs* No matter how much weight I lose, I still don't seem to be able to run very fast. I'd love to have a 10 minute mile. Maybe one day. :o )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great Mary! Patience and Persistence will win out. The best hip stretch i've found is sit in a chair, put your right ankle on your left knee. If your really tight that may be enough for you to feel a stretch, if not using your right hand gently put downward pressure on the right knee. You should feel a stretch right where its bothering you. Hope it helps. My directions leave something to be desired. LOL! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so dedicated. I wish I could motivate myself to do like that. *sigh* Just lazy I guess.

    ReplyDelete