Tuesday

I'm Baaaaaaack!

I've been offline for a couple of days due to a malfunction in the phone we use for our internet connection. I was stressing out toward the end of the week anyway. Part of it was due to taxes not being finished. (They still aren't, we ended up filing an extension), some of it was due to Holy Week, but I think the worst of it was transitioning off one of my medications. It is an antidepressant that was prescribed to minimize hot flashes. I was on the lowest dose possible, but there are still side effects from coming off of it. I decided to go off it because we recently switched our insurance and they need some kind of approval which is being held up for some reason - so I couldn't get it anyway. They don't want to pay for the medication because it is expensive. Even thought the this stuff wasn't prescribed for depression, it did wonders to lift my mood and relieve anxiety. I have switched to a B-complex and 5 HTP for now. In researching natural alternatives to antidepressants, I found some surprising testimonies on Relacore. Apparently as a weight loss method it doesn't really live up to the hype. However, most people who reviewed it said that even though it hasn't led to effortless weight loss, they plan ton continue taking it because it has an energizing and uplifting effect and they just feel good while taking it. I am going to try it for a month and see what it does as far as stress and anxiety relief.

2 comments:

  1. I've been using Remifemin and it works great for me - my homeopathic doctor recommended it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back Mary. I would be very interested in the results of your experiment with Relacore if you choose to share. I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. My seven days of work in a row is starting today. It is always tough on me. Seven days in a row of about 5 hours sleep a night is not good for the soul~ LOL! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete