Wednesday

Biggest Loser Surprise

Morning update:
Well, I was certainly surprised by last night's winner on Biggest Loser. I would have bet it would have been Tara. I have mixed feelings about Helen. I hate to be the party pooper, but I think Helen may have lost too much weight. And Jerry did not look like a 64 year old man. I think they both looked anorexic. But . . . given the speed with which these contestants take off the weight, and given that the body redistributes the remaining body fat for months afterwards, it may be a bit unfair to comment on how these contestants look. I would like to see them in a few months. I thought everyone looked fantastic. I hope that Mike can help his brother realize the same success at losing weight. I wanted to cry for him. As much as Ron irritated me when he was on the show, I think he looked fantastic and will be a great help to his other son.

I woke up this morning with every joint aching. Got lots of exercise yesterday because Clay and Claire were here and we spent the entire visit outside running around the yard looking at dead birds, picking lilacs, walking across the road to check out Aunt Colleen's gagarge sale, and walking by the field to wave at Grandpa on his tractor. I think that this morning's workout will be on the treadmill while I watch the first part of Biggest Loser that I missed last night.

Warning: Please do not click on the link in my third comment from aser. Trusting soul that I am, I let it go through and now I can't remove it. If someone knows how I can, please let me know.

Daily stats:
Workout type: Treadmill
Route: custom 2 plus weights
Distance:
Time: 30 minutes
Average HR: 122
Maximum HR: 141
Calories burned: 230
Temperature: 54 degrees
Challenge for the day: Remembering the promise
Goal for June 1: 228
Thoughts:
I don't know if I work harder on the treadmill or if the electronics mess with my HRM, but the above numbers are what I got. I am so glad that I set the VCR last night so I wouldn't miss the first part of the show. Also, you may have noticed that I have not posted my weight the last couple of days. I will only be doing that on Sundays from now on. I weigh every day and average out, but it is confusing to people. Weight fluctuates daily so I only pay attention to weekly averages.

5 comments:

  1. I thought Helen looked kind of anorexic as well, but it could simply be camera angles at play there. I kept thinking that they should have let Jerry sit down during the weigh ins - don't really know why I was thinking that. My son was watching with us and when he saw Mike ( whom he relates to a lot) he said "WOW ! He is growing up !". I thought it was kind of a funny comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome on the exercise front! I have mixed feelings bout the show based on how fast they drop the weight and how that goes against every belief about weight loss which is that it has to be slow and steady to be sustainable. But it is fun to see how great these people look post-challenge and that money does go to someone who has worked their "a$$" off very literally. Good luck on the workout front--I'll check in tomorrow to see how u did :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I don't like about Biggest Loser is how fast they lose the weight. A healthy, lasting weight-loss is a sloooow weight-loss. I think it is really sad how many of the contestants regain the weight after they are off the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a little research and this tells how to delete a comment after it's been approved.

    http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42398

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch the show but somethings about it bother me.It's suppose to motivate but I think in the end it discourages some people. After weeks of not "keeping up" people give up.

    I thought the two winners didn't look so hot. They looked older and too thin.

    ReplyDelete