Wednesday

Progress

I still feel like crud. I almost decided to go to Urgent Care last night. I was coughing so hard I couldn't get my breath. I think the worst is over now. I'm still stuffy, but I no longer feel like an elephant is parked on my chest.

I was doing some research in diabetes last night and everything I read says that and A1C of 7% is where a diagnosis is made. I'm at 6.2 so I'm not exactly sure what's going on. When I check my blood sugar, it's within the proper ranges so I don't know what to think. I was reading about the side effects of Metformin and I have mixed feelings. I really would rather take as little medication as possible, but I will go with this for a while and see how things go. The PA is of the opinion that if things look good, it's because of the medication, and that may be true, but if things are improving, I'm wondering if maybe I couldn't try to get off some of the meds. On Biggest Loser most of the contestants who have blood sugar issues are able to get off meds once they lose weight.

Biggest Loser was fantastic last night. I am proud of all of those people for doing that marathon. Ron was absolutely inspiring! We now vote on who will be the 3 person in the finale. I am voting for Mike. Throughout this whole thing he has managed to do what he needed to do with minimal game playing. He is a selfless young man and though I would love to see him win this, I think it's going to be Tara that takes home the prize.
***************************************************
Afternoon update:
Ooh! Oooh! I just received my first award for this blog. Shrinking Mom sent me the "Your Blog is Super" award! These are the rules when you receive an award:

1. Tape it up on your blog somewhere - mine is to the right at the top
2. Pass it along to 5 fellow super bloggers, and comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
3. When you present your Super Blogger awards, link back to the super blogger who gave it to you (thank you Shrinking Mom - I gotta find out your first name!)

These are my choices:
TJ's Weigh or the Highway - I love her sassy no-nonsense style!
Twisted Cinderella - she has terrific recipes!
Deb - Finding the runner in me - I love to read about her journey to becoming a runner. She has offered so much support I couldn't begin to thank her.
Foodie Getting Fit - She's always there with a word of encouragement.
And last, but definitely not least, there is Ida of Losing Myself - a wonderful lady!

There are so many others I would love to include but I am limited to 5. It is so wonderful to find support for the journey online!

3 comments:

  1. My uncle who was diagnosed with diabetes managd to get off medication once he dedicated himself to working out 4-5 times a week for around 45 mins and ate really diligently. I think you could probably do the same! Just make little changes while you're on the med to get to some sort of weight you can manage and keep steady...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. And check out my blog- you have been awarded !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaww thank you Mary. I think your pretty awesome too. With all you have to do your still trying to be healthy and take care of yourself and feed that inner speed demon! But for the life of me i cannot figure out how to put that award on my blog! I'am completely computer illiterate! Also when you mention someone's blog, like mine , how do you make it so someone can click on it and get to that blog?????? I feel like a real dunce but i've tried a few things and it hasn't worked. Uuugh! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete