Sunday

The sun is out!

Today would be a perfect day to get outside for some exercise - except that I am congested and coughing again. Yesterday I bought a notebook and some dividers to make my "recovery" journal. I will have more time to get into the Beck book this week. I plan to officially start tomorrow. The book recommends picking good diet plans. I haven't decided for sure yet. I like Atkins, but I don't stick to it very well and that is one you really do have to do as written. Because of the high fat content, you can't afford to slip up very often. If the fat is high, the carbs have to be low - and one slip up can be disastrous. I'm looking at Sugar Busters again. It's pretty easy to follow - the carbs are not low so the fat content needs to be monitored a bit. Not sure what the backup diet will be. I'll look at that tonight. I have a doctors appt. tomorrow to discuss the results of my latest bloodwork with regard to my A1C.

4 comments:

  1. How about going for a nice long walk? Or would that just exacerbate your symptoms? How about some low key yoga???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously wishing the sun would shine here. 2 weeks of overcast skies is getting me down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,

    I swear , everytime i look at your picure i say to myself i KNOW this woman from somewhere. But i can't imagine where as i've never been to your state. But you look so familiar. LOL! Crazy.

    Any way i was wondering, can you make up your own diet plan or do you have to use a published plan like Atkins etc..... Just wondering cause i just followed my own thing. Just worrying about calories not the carbs and fats. I naturally shy away from carbs cause they are high in calories. I figured out my calorie allowance off of Prevention magazine website. You take your current weight and put a zero on the end of it. So mine would be 1710. Then you add your weight to that #. 1710 +171 = 1881 Thats how many calories i can eat a day and maintain my weight. If i want to lose i have to subtract 500 calories . I do that thru a combination of diet and exercise. Cause if i subtract 500 from 1881 that gives me not quite 1400 calories a day to eat. And for me thats not quite enough. I refuse to drop below 1500 calories a day. It will take me a little longer to lose it but so be it. Counting carbs and fats would just drive me up the wall. Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this SUN you speak of? hehehe

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete