Sunday

Happy Mother's Day all!

Morning update:
Well, I can breathe, and I'm not coughing as much so I am going out this morning. I will take it easy though. It's more to get back to it than anything else. It's gorgeous out, but only 40 degrees. It's May, right? As I pasted in my stats, I noticed that I am up in weight from the last time I got outside. But that's all right. From now on the scale is going down. I am really grateful to Lisa, my PA for putting her finger on the insulin resistance thing. It's one of those "duh" things that I'm kicking myself for. The metformin is not a miracle pill, not a weight loss pill, but what it does is free me from being a slave to my hormones. What it does is calm the cravings. What it does is free me from thinking about food 24/7. Again, I am not on the full dosage yet so my song may change, but for now I am basking in living life as a normal person - well, relatively normal. Another thing I've noticed is that when I get up after sitting, I don't walk like an old lady any more. I remember reading somewhere that sugar can act as an inflammatory agent in some people. That seems to be the case with me.

Daily stats:
Weight:
234
Workout type: Walk/run
Route:
Deadend/rockpile/back
Distance: 2 miles
Time:
30 minutes
Average HR:
115
Maximum HR:
129
Calories burned: 223
Temperature: 42
Challenge for the day: Remembering the promise
Goal for June 1:
228
Thoughts:

It was great out there this morning! I thought the deadend would be soggy, but it was only bad in one small spot. I took it much more slowly than usual, though. I discovered that one of my favorite programs, "Let My People Think" with Ravi Zecharias is back on Sunday mornings again.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are out and about and moving again girl! Don't worry about the scale. Give it a little while of things getting back to normal and it will come back down.
    I made it to my two days off this week. Wahoo! I'm so excited! Less than a week from my vacation. Looks like losing 5 pounds before i go is doubtful... but thats okay i'm in a good place. Have an awesome week Mary. Keep your chin up and your feet moving! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete