Saturday

Rainy days and Saturdays always make me smile

The scale is down again this morning. Whoo hoo. I still don't know for sure that it's the Metformin since I am still only taking one pill in the morning. From what I've read it takes a bigger dose and a couple of weeks for it to kick in. I do know that this week hasn't been bad at all. I haven't noticed any side effects from the metformin so far.

We went out to dinner last night for a Sodbusters meeting where there is actually more eating than meeting. We went to Mountaintown Station. I love it there with it's railroad and primitive decor. They have a chicken marsala that is really good. I skipped the angel hair pasta on which they serve it, had asparagas as a side dish, and with a small salad I was good to go. After dinner I watched 2 hobo sundaes and a cherry chocolate cheesecake being delivered to our table, but I really didn't feel all that deprived. I can make my own cheesecake and I have a half gallon of NSA vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Best of all, my fasting blood sugar is down to 100 this morning. I have a hard time using the word diabetic in regard to myself, and I don't really think I'm quite there - but I certainly don't intend to go any further down the diabetic path. One thing this experience has done is take away the "all or nothing" mentality that has dogged me for so long. The Beck book has also helped with that. I am really paying attention to when, how, why, and what I eat.

I think tomorrow I will be able to get outside. My congestion is slowly clearing. I still can't smell anything and hopefully that will be better soon. One of my favorite jobs involves smell stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment