Friday

Original goal is met

Okay, it's not official here because I only post weigh-ins here on Sunday, but remember my original goal of 228 by June 1? I surpassed it this morning. But, shhhh, you don't get to know the numbers until Sunday. This whole "sugar regulation" thing has been fairly effortless so far. I hope it continues. I haven't felt deprived, and I can take or leave the "no sugar added" ice cream anymore. I just don't think about eating. I don't drink diet pop very often, except for a diet Coke every now and then. I don't know if it's the meds or the fact that I have cut out sugar. It could be both. I actually think the strongest motivator is that I can't let a slip turn into a binge. Just one more WILL hurt. I still need to work on the exercise thing. I think I am using the fact that we are going Alaska get in the way. But you know what? There's no reason I can't do some sort of exercise then. For the first week we'll be on a cruise. Cruises are noted for their food, but I think cruise ships also have exercise areas available. One advantage to being diagnosed with diabetes is that I can't rationalize cheating because of the cruise. I can't say, "well, we're on a cruise so I can eat poison for just this one week." Because that's what it would be for me - poison. That's how I have to think of it.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news and you are right...there will be places to exercise...of course swimming is an option...walking on the deck...sounds like such fun...best wishes to you. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of it as poison. When I get to craving carb laden foods, I tell myself "why do you want to eat poison." Most junk food is just that for all of us.
    Congrats on reaching your goal. (but I didn't say that until Sunday) ;)

    ReplyDelete