Thursday

Pluggin' away

I'm still congested this morning. It's better, but I'm still not able to workout. I got on the Wii Fit today. Tillie says I'm 33. Not bad!

I did some reading on Metformin last night. I found a thread on lowcarb friends where it was being discussed. There was a mixed bag of thoughts about the drug. The main thing is that there are minimal side effects. It's also fairly inexpensive. I've noticed that I don't have the urge to binge anymore. These past weeks I have been downing sugar like there's no tomorrow. I don't know if it's the Metformin or the fact that I've been sick. Probably, it's more the latter because I'm still at a very low dose of the Metformin.

My weight has dropped 4.4 pounds since Monday morning. Most of that is water that I was retaining, but it's still good to see the scale go down.

3 comments:

  1. No matter what the reason those numbers go down , it seems seeing them lower always makes us feel a little brighter !
    I have heard a lot of discussion about Metaformin through my PCOS groups, and the results are always mixed. It does seem to have minimal side affects , is affordable, and has several side benefits to those who choose this therapy for a variety of conditions. I think we each have to listen to our instincts and choose what we believe to be the best for our body, and then stuff our ears with cotton in regards to those who disagree.No one else has to walk in our shoes but us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawww sweety feel better soon! Its so hot and humid today i had to hit the treadmill. But i sweated buckets any way. I did it for an hour. The first half i did a 'weightloss program on it and about every 10 min it cycled thru so many min of flat normal running, then it zoomed up the incline to like #10 for a few min then cycled back down to regular running for a few then zoomed up to where i was running at a sprint for a few min. Whew! The the last 20 min or so i just did my regular running. Covered about 4 miles then a 5 - 10min cool down by walking. I miss the road but this will have to do. Be good girl. Get better. Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same thing hubby takes. His blood numbers are much better. Also (added benefit) Metformin increases your matabilism.....which means weight loss! I'm sure you will be feeling better soon and will be out walking again. Until then, take care of you! Be blessed

    ReplyDelete