Saturday

Day 50: 100 Days Challenge - 10-Minute Solution

I have taken steps this week to lessen the stress level for next week. I got some of my work done early. The bathroom remodel is almost finished, but sometimes those little last minute details are more stressful than the big picture. This morning when the guys were putting in the vanity top, the wall on either side was gouged. I had to remind myself that it was fixable. When they were finished putting in the top, the wall didn't look as bad as I though it would. It will need to be touched up, but that's the beauty of a faux finish - those little imperfections are all part of the design. It's unsettling for me to have the guys working in the house. It's my problem, I know, but it's still a problem. I am trying to keep focused on the time when everything is complete and I can start putting the house back together. I took the vacuum apart this morning to clean it. I feel insecure without my vacuum. It's this kind of minor stress that will drive me to the cookie can. But, if I keep my focus today, I think the news from the scale tomorrow will be very good!

****************************
SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING
Today's lesson is entitled the 10 minute solution. I have actually been employing this little pearl. Except that I use 15 minutes a la Flylady. It is amazing to me what can be accomplished 15 minutes at a time. There are some mornings I just can't seem to roll out of bed. I still do at least 15 minutes (usually 20 because glycogen (carbs) are used up in the first 20 minutes and then fat burning begins)

Ms Spangle suggests making a sign but I already have one that says I can do anything for 15 minutes except whine.

1 comment: