Saturday

Day 13: 100 days challenge - Oops, I forgot to eat!

I have to laugh a bit at today's topic because forgetting to eat is not something I do very often.  But the chapter goes beyond forgetting to eat.  It talks about skipping meals, often in order to be able to splurge later.  As the old saying goes, "You can't fool Mother Nature."  This is also something I don't do very often because of my blood sugar.  I can't skip meals because if I do, my sugar drops and I get to feeling very queasy.
************************
Today's Focus from the 100 Days of Weight Loss is "Oops, I forgot to eat!"
1. Write down the time of the day when you plan to eat your meals and snacks.

2. Make an effort to eat within 30 minutes of these scheduled times.  At the end of the day, review your eating patterns to see how well you did.
3.  If you tend to skip meals or forget to eats, set an alarm to remind yourself when it's time for fuel.


*********************************

Today's lesson from The Beck Diet Solution is about getting prepared to diet.
This chapter focuses on getting ready to make room in your life for the things you need to do to really be committed to your new lifestyle.  In the beginning it may seem that planning these things takes time, but I have found that a little planning makes for a lot of extra time in my day.  When it comes to time, I think the fuel or filler thing may apply.  Do we spend our time doing things that feed the mind and soul, or do we spend it in "filler" type things like computer games etc.  I know I am guilty of getting caught up on games.  I try now to set a timer and limit myself to about 15 minutes 1 or 2 times a day.  In the book there is a scheduling chart, but we all know how to make one of these.  Mostly today's reading is about setting priorities.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day.  Because this was not a good week food-wise, I do not expect to have lost - in fact I will probably have gained.  But I will use that and what I've learned to make next week a better week.


Today my routine changed.  I am proud to say that I still got on the treadmill and did my 30 minutes.  My inner brat was trying very hard to talk me out of it, but I committed to 100 days, and that's what I'm going to do.  I think I may go outside tomorrow if it isn't too cold or windy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the treadmill time ! That inner brat can sure be a tricky opponent to deal with some days !

    Forgetting to eat- I can honestly say the only day of my life I have ever had that happen was my wedding day. I joke with my friends that it takes a special kind of stupid to forget to eat !I have never intentionally skipped a meal to afford a splurge, but I have eaten lighter at other meals to "afford" a treat. Sadly for me, that habit had no impact.

    Planning meals- here every meal, snack and such has to be planned well in advance and posted for my son ( it's an Autism related thing), and i plan my grocery list at the same time. I keep everything on my computer so I sit down and open the necessary programs and documents, put on some favorite music and my headphones and lose myself in food planning for about an hour and the job is done. Menu gets printed out for the week on Friday night and posted on the fridge- all meals and all snacks for he three of us. It saves money, time, brain dead minutes and keeps us on track with our eating plan.( I also have to plan out our weekly lesson plans and follow the same thing for our son).My problem is weeks when there are extra variables or weeks when I get stuck in food ruts and I spend way too much time searching for new food inspiration ! I am getting a lot better with that one though . And Happy Valentines Day !!

    ReplyDelete