Wednesday

Day 24: 100 Days Challenge - Eat for satisfaction

Last night was quite a challenge.  My sabotaging voice kept telling me to eat.  There is no way on earth that I could have needed to eat.  I emerged victorious, however, and feel really good about it this morning.  I just kept reminding myself of that wonderful sense of victory I would have this morning if I just held fast.  The thing is that when this is going on, there is a feeling of urgency that drowns out the voice of reason.  If other steps are not in place, it is easy to just succumb.  There is a feeling that this struggle will always be there, and in a sense it will be, but remember what the Beck Solution book said about the "resistance muscle" vs the "giving in" muscle.  It was helpful for me to remember that I wasn't refraining from something, I was exercising my resistance muscle.  Exercise that muscle and the whole process becomes easier eventually.  As time goes on, and we begin to see results, that strengthens our resolve.  But at this point it is a leap of faith.  My body isn't showing results, but I know that soon the baby steps will have their effect.  Same way with the house.  The general look is still clutter, but the refrigerator, the bathroom closet, my dresser drawer, and my closet are getting in shape.  These things don't show, but they provide a place for things to be put away and soon the look of the house will begin to change.  It's all in the baby steps.

I'm headed for the treadmill - updates later.

*********** Very late update**********
Today's lesson from 100 Days of Weight Loss is about taking back your power with regard to food.  Rather than ban certain foods from your food plan, include them in smaller amounts and then savor them to the utmost.  Foods tend to be much more attractive when you know you can't have them.   One of my favorites, as my family will tell you, is M&Ms.  So, I have been including them in one of my 4 daily meals.  Today, the thought of M&Ms just didn't appeal to me.  Hmmm  I wonder why it is that forbidden foods always taste better.  Maybe my inner brat rebelling. 
************
 The Beck Diet Solution talks about monitoring your eating.  Writing it down etc.  Good idea, but as I said before, my baby step habit this month is making sure I eat only 4 times in a day.  This is what works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminded me- I have to do something about the 9 billion shampoo bottles with about a quarter of a cup of shampoo sitting in my bathroom closet, saved just incase or for the use in removing ring around the collar on shirts that have accumulated. It is getting hard to fit in necessities like toilet paper as a result ! Just goes to show- you never know whom you will inspire through posting or how. My husband will thank you for this inspiration !

    ReplyDelete