Thursday

Day 25: 100 days Challenge - When food disappoints you

I know, I know,  I need to update yesterday's topic.  I had a chore to do yesterday that took me most of the day and I got behind.  But, the good new is, I'm still on track.  I'll be back later.
************
Okay, I updated yesterday's topics.  Our wireless has been cutting in and out.  I think they are making adjustments to our tower. As of today, we are one fourth of the way through the 100 Days Challenge.  I have achieved the habit of working out and am working on the habit of limiting my encounters with food to 4 times a day.  So now I am putting 2 stickers on my calendar every day.  I am so tickled with myself!   Oh, a random fact - I heard on the radio yesterday that this week is National Eating Disorders week.  Last night I went to a soup supper at our church.  Supper was my 4th meal of the day.  There wasn't much.  I had a small bowl of potato soup and and dipped 2 small pieces of French bread in it.  When I came home, my stomach was growling a bit, but exercised that "resistance" muscle and emerged victorious.  Part of what helped me was knowing that I was accountable here, but I also wanted to be able to paste that sticker on the calendar that Nina gave me for Christmas.

***********************
Today's topic in 100 Days of Weight Loss is about anticipating that wonderful food that you love, but it doesn't measure up to your enjoyment level.  The example the author used was a piece of cake that a lady had looked forward to all day.  It was dry and crumbly.  She kept eating in the hope that it would improve.  But remember what we read about the first two bites of any food?  The majority of satisfaction with regard to taste and texture comes in those first two bites.  It doesn't get any better after that.  Don't keep shoveling it in hoping that it will.

**********************
From the Beck Diet Solultion the topic of monitoring your food intake continues.  I will explore this when I get to that phase of my plan.

*********************
I was reading the Never Say Diet book on the treadmill this morning.  I will update my thoughts on this later as I have to leave for a meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your victory! Doesn't it taste sweet??? I eat three meals a day and allow myself one approx 100 cal snack in between each one. I know if i cut the snacks i might lose more weight but sometimes thats all that keeps me sane is looking forward to that snack.

    I so understand about food not living up to your expectations but you keep eating it anyway. I try my best not to do that. Buts its a challenge. I try to condition myself that if a splurge like a piece of cake is just not rocking my world then to stop eating it. That whole 'clean plate' thing is hard to overcome. But we'll do it! If it doesn't make you close your eyes and moan in ectasy its not worth it.....um...what was i talking about...oh yeah .....food.......LOL! Your doing great woman! Your on one heck of a journey. We're gonna have to go do a half marathon together one day to celbrate our success. Pssst.......they give away bling bling!.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ! I LOVE the sticker idea ! And i also love your new background !

    I had my own incidence of food disappointment yesterday. Mid afternoon I was STARVING- stomach growling, light headed, eat or get the dry heaves kind of hungry ( I am entertaining Aunt Flo at the moment and my metabolism simply needs more fuel). I decided to grab a 100 calorie pack of cocoa almonds because they were a high protein option that included chocolate.For the last 3 weeks I have avoided almost ANY food that is processed or packaged, and these sounded good. I opened them and popped one in my mouth, and was instantly assaulted with the cocoa taste, as well as a bombardment of salt and sugar! I never tasted this with them before, and I was turned off. I pitched the package and decided to grab some celery instead to stop my belly from complaining

    ReplyDelete