Sunday

Day 7: 100 days challenge - Weigh-in day - I can do it!

Well, it's weigh-in day here on the ranch. I am down 4 pounds. Not bad considering that I haven't instituted my food plan yet. That will begin on day 22. They say it takes 21 days to establish a habit. I will have established the workout habit. Then it will be time to start working on the food.

Today's workout was on the Wii Fit. Did the bike ride, step, advanced step, basic run and the tree pose from the yoga section. Can't say it was much of a workout, but Sundays are going to be fun days as far as working out goes - more to keep consistency than anything else. I don't want to take an "off" day. My last lapse started with an "off" day.

Because today I used the Wii Fit, I didn't do my reading yet. I will be back later to update.

*********************

Today's Focus from the 100 Days of Weight Loss is "I can do it!"
We are advised to become our own cheerleaders.  For some of us this is a tough assignment because we are so used to beating ourselves up for failing.  Would we do this to anyone else?  Then why do we do it to ourselves?

Today's Lesson from 100 Days of  Weight Loss
1. Tell yourself "I can do it" at least 10 times.  Use this to cheerlead yourself through the entire day!
This one is pretty easy.  After all, how many times have we repeated negative thoughts to ourselves?  I plan to use this to drown out the negative noise in my head.

2. In your notebook, write, "I can do it because . . ." and then add a few supportive phrases such as "I'm capable of doing anything."
I can do it because I am not a quitter.
I can do it to show myself that I can care about myself and still care about others.
I can do it because I am looking forward to all the good things that will come with it.
I can do it because I am changing how I think and feel about myself.

3. Read your phrases often, using them to reinforce your goals and build your enthusiasm.

******************************************************

Today's lesson from The Beck Diet Solution (day on continued)
Make your Advantages Response Card and use it . .
1. . .  daily at scheduled times.
2.  . . .whenever you find yourself struggling with cravings, temptation, or sabotaging thoughts.


Today's to-do list
_______________ Create My Advantages Response Card
_______________  Write, record, or post these advantages elsewhere
_______________  Implement a reminder system (to remind you to read your card several times a day.  
My reminder system is whenever I find myself heading for the kitchen. 

  ************************************************
I also implemented a little reward system.  Today I put $5.00 for each pound lost in a special box.  As I reach smaller goals along the way, that money will be used to reward my progress.

(Just to clarify, when I use colored text, these are not my own words but are quoted from whichever book I am discussing.)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the loss !! I really like the free run feature on the Wii Fit.I keep tripping on the board with the step one, but Bob loves that one ! You would probably enjoy the Wii sports Resort . The canoeing and cycling race can really work up a sweat !

    ReplyDelete