Monday

Day 22: 100 days of weight loss - Multitask with food

Now that my exercise habit is established, it's time to look at the food.  As I wrote this past week, my first step on the food plan is to "organize" my meals into 4.  The only rule is that 2000 calories is the limit.  2000 calories is fairly generous, but I want to establish the habit of eating only 4 times a day - not grazing here and there.  I haven't been on the treadmill yet today.  That will be later, so I haven't done today's reading yet.

Evening update **************
Today is a perfect example of why I try to get my workout done first thing in the morning.  I planned to do it this afternoon and completely forgot about it until it was time to blog and I realized I hadn't done the reading.  Okay, done is done.  I will put it behind me - do some yoga stretches and call it good.

Today's food was so so.  I stuck to four meals, but I went over the 2000. That old voice of sabotage was right there urging me to just have a complete blowout and get back on track tomorrow.  Nope - not gonna do it.  Compounding bad decisions by making more bad decisions is how I got here in the first place.  So I told my inner brat to be quiet and I went in and did some decluttering in the bedroom.  So now, on to today's lesson.

Today's reading from 100 Days of Weight Loss - Multitask with food.  I must admit that I was not all that impressed with this topic.  Multitasking with food is a big problem for me.  Other than conversing with those at the table, I don't see any reason to multitask with food.  I was turned off by the sentence "if you choose to eat while you're watching the movies or TV . . ."  Uh uh.  Not for me.  This morning's breakfast was great.  The only multitasking I did was talking with Harold and 2 grandkids (who had spent the night) while eating breakfast.  I'm not worried about losing awareness - what I'm trying to do is disassociate food from so many of my daily activities.  As it was, I had to keep reminding myself all day that there are only 4 times I would be eating.  So that was that.

In the Beck Diet Solution today's reading is about starting the food plan.  The one section that leaped out at me was about the sabotaging thoughts that come flooding in when one makes a slip.  That's where I was today.  I knew I had gone over my allotment, but I refused to let it derail me.  I might have been wiser to get used to limiting the number of times I eat for a while before limiting the amount.

So that was my day.  I am heating water for tea and finishing up my chores so I can watch this week's episode of Hoarders.

1 comment:

  1. Since i've been gone i've had a lot of reading to catch up with and posting on my blog. I know what you mean about small steps. They are so hard but oh so important in my book. Now whenever i set a goal for myself, even if i think its a small goal to begin with i ask myself okay how can i cut this down into mini goals. I also call it setting myself up for success not failure. Which apparently i'am prone to do without even realizing i'm doing it.
    Girl! I think your doing fabulous! One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete